The research group consists of about 15 researchers, including PhD students. In addition, we have a network of external researchers associated to the group. Our research in international business has an established reputation, especially in the fields of the internationalization process of firms (widely known as the “Uppsala School”), global strategy and the management of multinational corporations (MNCs). The group organizes research seminars (USIB) regularly. The group also plays a central role within the NORD-IB research school.
Our vision is to develop and sustain high-quality research in international business and global strategy that is internationally recognized. We aim to take well-thought-out steps that develop our traditional international business research stream, and be receptive to contemporary societal international phenomena that call for new research. We embrace continuous updating of our theoretical and methodological competencies and contribute to the debate by publishing in core international business, strategy and management journals.
Contact: Ulf Holm, Professor of International Business
Research themes and projects
- Lingshuang Kong and Cong Su awarded The Copenhagen Business School Prize
- Uppsala students participated in L'Oréal Brandstorm 2020 Nordic Final
- The research school NORD-IB celebrated 20 years!
- Jan Johanson and Jan Erik Vahlne received the JIBS Decade Award for 2019
- Cong Su awarded the 1st Prize of the 2019 EDAMBA Thesis Competition