Application process for Master's students
As a Master's student you can apply for Exchange studies during your third semester. The application round is January - February. Available partner universities and number of places vary from year to year.
Before you apply, please go through the information concerning our partner universities, their course catalogue and travel reports. Do make sure that the universities you apply for have courses that you are interested in. As a Master's student, you are eligible to study on both an undergraduate and graduate level.
The application is submitted in the form linked below. Last day to apply for autumn 2024 is 11 February. The application will open 3 January 2024.
Make sure to select the application form named Application for outgoing students - Department of Business Studies.
In order to apply for an exchange you need to complete the following step:
Fill out the online application and attach the documents below.
- Personal letter
If you have incomplete courses, please explain in a separate document how you plan to finish these.
The personal letter shall include the following:
- an introduction of yourself in Swedish or English
- academic motivation explaining your first choice of university
- academic motivation for the intended subject of your studies
- explaining the exchange university's semester dates, exam period etc. and how this fits with your studies at Uppsala University and the semester dates here
- other merits such as language skills, non-academic merits and the ability to be a good representative for Uppsala University.
The personal letter will be read by the International Mobility Office and makes up for part of the selection criterias for the application for exchange studies.
If we have any questions regarding your application we will contact you through e-mail or phone, so make sure to check your e-mail and spam regularly.
- Be aware of overlapping semester dates! If the dates overlap you need to contact the teacher for the course you are going to study and ask for permission to arrive late to the course.
- Travel reports are an important source of information for students going on an exchange.
- Make sure to be well informed about various requirements such as Visa application, health certificate and other necessary documentation. Any costs associated with these documents are paid by the student.